As hands-on, creative people, we love Ikea Hackers – a blog dedicated to customizing and making the most of the “Build-it-Yourself” furniture.
Ikea hackers use a shoe rack to hang a flat screen TV.
Ikea Hackers turn bookshelves into a fab bar.
Have you been inspired by Ikea Hackers but don’t have the skills to pull off the “hack” yourself? Give us a call at 416-520-1161 to discuss the project, or just use our super-simple online “book-a-handyman” form.
One of our corporate clients wanted to create a more engaging atmosphere for their employees, and they knew exactly who to call. Our team had done work for these folks before, and they had learned through experience how important quality, efficiency, honesty and above all, creativity is to us.
We added photo murals to two office walls, one featuring Star Wars, and the other, Star Trek. Pretty cool, eh?
May the Force be with these clients and their cool new space.
Boldly go where few offices have gone before… a photo mural!
Our client had just moved in and wanted to do a few upgrades to her kitchen. We tiled the backsplash. What do you think?
The basement stairwell of this house had seen better days, and it was time to patch up some holes, add a railing and give the steps a rich new finish.
Our first job was to repair and paint the stairway. There was a lot of damage to smooth out in the stairwell to get ready for painting.
With the wall fixed up, a railing was installed for added safety.
You should always have a handrail in your stairwell, so we’ve installed one here.
Finally, we taped up all the walls to protect our hard work, and gave the steps a rich new finish.
Like the result? Check out what we were able to do for another homeowner’s stairwell with some paint and a carpet runner, and don’t forget to take a look at our service list for halls and stairways if you’d like to know what we’ll do for your stairwell!
First impressions are everything, right? And all it took to give this house an awesome facelift was a new door and a fresh coat of paint!
The old door was muted and drafty – it had to go. The home owners wanted us to repaint the stairs as well – this colour draws too much attention.
This old door will come out, and the steps will no longer be the focal point.
With a draft-stopping new door in place and the steps painted out in beige, this house looks 20 years younger, don’t you think?
Browse through more exterior home projects in our gallery, or if you are a Real Estate agent looking an occasional handyman to work with your home owners, give us a call at 416-520-1161.
The hallways and staircases are the arteries of your home – high traffic areas that must be safe for everyone to use, as well as prime real estate for showing off a collection of photos or creating built in storage.
Odd Job can help:
- Hang Pictures and Art
- Lay carpet runner in halls or on stairs
- Refinish the stairs or hallway floors
- Install or replace banisters and railings
- Paint the walls of the halls or stairways
- Install pet or baby gates
- Add built-in storage under staircases or on large landings.
Wooden floors are beautiful, but wooden stairs can be slippery and dangerous. Adding a carpet runner is an easy way to add comfort and safety to your home.
First, we’ll sand down the steps so they can be primed and painted.
Plain wooden stairs, ready for a makeover.
Now, this plush carpet runner will ensure that these stairs are safer and nicer on the feet, and the new paint job will ensure it stays beautiful for a long time!
After: Painted and Carpet Installed
Instead of steep and slippery, it’s the comfort of carpet.
Here are some other examples of what Odd Job has done for our clients’ halls, stairways and landings. Be sure to check out our service list for hallways and stairs, and remember, it only takes a minute to book an Odd Job handyman!
Backyard Clubhouse: Handyman Style
A backyard clubhouse isn’t nearly as cool as it should be when the roof is leaking.
The Smitherson family learned this the hard way when their daughter Nancy began complaining about the conditions in her outdoor hideaway. She and her friends were being rudely interrupted by spring showers.
Upon our arrival, we immediately knew what to do. We removed the worn cedar shingles and gave the roof a full update. Rain will no longer interrupt the tea parties at this clubhouse!
We offer a wide range of exterior home improvement services. Whether you need a backyard clubhouse or a shed, gazebo or even a playground, Give us a call at (416) 520-1161 or book our team online.
Basement flooding not only ruins whatever belongings you might have stored downstairs, but it also can cause rot and decay in the drywall, insulation and wood that make up the walls. That’s what we found inside the walls at this house when we came to replace the drywall of a guest bedroom.
Gutting the mould and rot from the basement bedroom walls.
The walls have been repair, insulated, and taped back up. Ready for drywalling.
Floor cleaned up and good as new.
The seam is invisible where we repaired the lower half of these walls. Painted and trimmed out.
Check out more photos of our basement adventures, and take a look at our service list for basements and garages. Fill out our online “book-a-handyman” form and we will help you with all of your downstairs projects.
The property owner at the Egencia Agency was so impressed with the work we did, they called us back to do some tiling at an adjacent residential property.
In the kitchen, they wanted to add some drama to this small space by tiling it. Here we are preparing the space.
The soon-to-be feature wall in the Kitchen.
We installed a mosaic feature wall made up of glass, ceramic and marble tiles.
After: The finished feature wall
A border of the same tiled mosaic was added to the rest of the kitchen to tie it in.
Tiled Border in the Kitchen.
Check out some of our past kitchen projects and read our service list for kitchens. If we can help you, then take a minute or two to fill out our online “book-a-handyman” form and our team will be mobilized to transform your kitchen!
Wondering if you can squeeze an extra room out of that sunny landing? That’s what one of our clients thought when he called Odd Job about creating a new wall and doorway on the second floor.
This space is perfect for a small office or hobby room – all it needs is a bit of privacy.
Before: An Open Space
Here, we’ve hung all the studs to frame out the new wall and entryway.
Framed out the wall with a new doorway.
The glass in this door will still allow light into the hall, but now there’s a bit more privacy and functionality to this space.
Privacy acheived with this new wall and door.
There are other ways we might help you repair or refresh your halls and common rooms. Book us today!
Our friends at the Egencia Agency needed to hang some large and heavy objects in their office space, so they gave Odd Job a call.
In the lobby, we installed a flat screen TV:
A flat-screen TV securely mounted on the wall.
In the meeting rooms, we hung a total of 8 10″ whiteboards. Who’s ready to brainstorm?
A large whiteboard hung on the wall.
Whiteboards are now mounted around the office, ready to capture ideas.
Want Odd Job to help transform your workspace? Book us today!
1) First, we removed all of the cracked and broken tiles, and all the old grout in the floor of the shower.
Removal of grout and broken tiles.
2) Here, we’ve replaced tiles and are caulking the shower stall.
New tiles are down and caulked
3) And here’s the repaired shower stall – practically new!
A beautiful repair job!
Here are more photos featuring Odd Job’s bathroom renovations. Would you like us to spruce up your bathroom? Take a look at our bathroom service list and see what we can do for you.
Updating your home as you age allows you to continue living with independence and comfort. Odd Job can help you:
- add or update handrails in your stairways and bathrooms
- updating your front or back porch to include an accessibility ramp
- lowering existing counters/cupboards
- installing adjustable counters/cupboards
- light switches and electrical outlets placed in accessible locations
- door locks that are easy to operate
- lever handles on doors and taps, instead of knobs
- non-slip flooring in the bathroom
- a hand-held shower on an adjustable rod or high-low mounting brackets
- additional light fixtures throughout the home and exterior entrances
- touch-and-release drawers and cupboards
- automatic garage door openers
Be sure to check out the Government of Ontario’s Healthy Homes Tax Credit. Many of these renovations can be claimed!
Kitchens – Our Services
We use our kitchens everyday. They’re where we prepare food, dine, and socialize with friends and family. When there’s an imperfection
Odd Job can help:
- Replace your faucets, sinks and other fixtures with newer, upgraded models.
- Fully repairing and if necessary replacing your tiling, fully restoring sanitary beauty to the space.
- Fully repair and maintain your cabinetry, replacing and upgrading the hardware so they function better than ever.
- Remove the existing flooring and replace it with laminate – perfect for high-traffic areas.
- Install a gorgeous tile backsplash that creates the ideal vibe.
- Install islands, countertops, and shelving – when you run out of space, we’ll create new ones.
Kitchens will have any number of repair and maintenance issues over the years. The list above gives only a few examples of the wide range of services we offer in this area.
Our team has the expertise necessary to transform your kitchen.
Whether you need a few repairs, a project installation, or even a large-scale renovation, Odd Job has you covered. We have been transforming kitchens across Toronto since 2008. Reach out to us at (416) 520-1161 or schedule your visit through our nifty online form.
Closets and Shelving – Our Services
“A Place for Everything, and Everything in it’s Place.”
Homeowners, renters and office managers everywhere constantly struggle with storage space. A single phone call to Odd Job will open the doors to custom closets and shelving
Odd Job can fully repair and maintain your storage space, and even create it according to your liking. Whether you’re looking install some floating shelves or repair the doors to some drawers, our team has effective solutions to your storage struggles.
Our storage services – mainly aimed toward cabinetry, closets and shelving – include:
- Shelving Assembly (Prefabricated) – That new shelving system you purchased from Ikea? Save hours and call us . We’ll assemble and install it flawlessly before the tea is done.
- Shelving Assembly (Custom) – We can build and install custom shelves and shelving systems. Tell us what you would like and we’ll make it happen.
- Closet Installation – We can assemble and install your closets, and even build cabinetry that is specially tailored to your aesthetic preferences.
- Closet Upgrades – Been meaning to install a closet organizer? We’ll do it. Need a few closet rods installed? We’ll do it. Odd Job knows that your “small jobs” are big deals.
- Repairs – Our team can fully repair, maintain, and, if necessary, replace your closets and shelving. This includes cabinetry hardware – hinges, pulls, doors, etc.
If you’re struggling to organize your life, save time and stress by calling (416) 520-1161 or filling out our online “book-a-handyman” form. It’s hard to find a place for everything, but you can always create new ones.
Common Rooms – Our Services
They say that “home is where the heart is.” Where is the heart in the home, though? It would have to be in one of the common rooms.
Whether you call it a living room or a den, these are the spaces where you and your family spend much of your time together. It’s where you gather with friends. Are you getting the most out of yours?
Odd Job can:
- Hanging – Curtains, blinds, art work, family photos, displays, and more. If it goes on the wall, we’ll hang it!
- Furniture – Assembly, maintenance, etc.
- TV Mounts
- Storage (shelving, cabinetry) – Repairs, installations, etc.
- Painting – Interior walls, ceilings, trim, baseboards, etc.
- Flooring – Installation, refinishing, etc.
- Drywall – Patching, sanding, boarding, taping, skim coats, project installations, etc.
- Woodwork – Trim installation, baseboard installation, crown moulding installation, etc.
Bathroom Improvement – Maintenance and Repairs
Did you know that most of the repairs and maintenance issues that surface in your bathroom do not require a plumber?
That’s right. You aren’t going to need to pay large sums to a specially licensed tradesman to take care of your bathroom improvement needs. The same handyman who you call to hang your pictures, refinish your deck and repair your drywall can also fix the leaks in your sink or toilet.
Don’t let a nagging repair issue interrupt your morning routine. Call (416) 520-1161 or book our team online and a team of fully licensed, insured and bonded professionals will be en route to take care of all your bathroom improvement projects – large or small.
Our services in this area include:
- Tiling – Our services include tile installation, tile repair and tile restoration. We will repair, replace and install porcelain, ceramic, glass, and stone tiles on your walls, floors and sub-floors.
- Fixture Installation & Repair – We can repair, replace and install bathroom fixtures – sinks, faucets, shower heads, toilets and much more.
- Painting – We can fully refresh the interiors of your bathroom, updating the floors, baseboards, walls and ceilings with a beautiful new finish.
- Grout & Caulking – We can fully repair, restore and refresh your grout and caulking. We will leave your bathroom looking better than ever.
- Remodel – Need a small remodel? Our bathroom improvement technicians will work with you to create the design you’ve been dreaming of.
- Renovations – Need a full-scale update? Our special renovations division will supply the best available labour, materials, and expertise to bring your vision to life.
Odd Job Handyman can help upgrade your basement or garage.
Basements and garages have limitless potential. They can be simple storage rooms, while at the same time being recreation spaces for the whole family to enjoy.
The Odd Job Team can completely transform basements and garages so that you can get the most of them. We offer renovations or small upgrade services, for example:
- Drywall – Patching holes, skim coating
- Storage – Cabinets, wall shelving, drawers, framing small rooms.
- Painting – Walls, floors, doors, ceilings.
Contact us for an estimate on repairs, maintenance and full-scale updates.
First impressions are everything, and any real estate agent will tell you that your home exteriors are your property’s “first impression.” They call this “curb appeal” and it’s one of the most important factors in real estate.
In fact, according to Royal LePage: “Studies show that a majority of buyers will not get out their car if they do not find your home’s curb appeal visually attractive.”
Home Exteriors – Service List
How can we help beautify your home exteriors? We offer a wide range of outdoor maintenance and repair services, including:
- Power washing – Our power washing services can make months of foot traffic and extreme weather can disappear in an hour. We will clean and fully refresh services including decks, fences, porches, and patios.
- Deck Maintenance – One of the best exterior home improvement projects. Our deck services include installation, repairs, cleaning, refinishng, resurfacing, and animal proofing.
- Door Maintenance – Our door services include installation, repairs (frame, hinges, locks, handles, stops), screen repair, reglazing, and weatherstripping.
- Painting – Our exterior painting services include decks, fences, porches, pillars, sheds, frames, woodwork, ironwork, and window sills.
- Fence Maintenance – Our fence repair services include replacement of posts, boards, support beams, rail ties and other hardware.
- Window Maintenance (Ground Level Only) – Our window maintenance services include weatherstripping, reglazing, replacement of crank screens and glass.
- Building – We can install a shed, a gazebo, a clubhouse, and even a backyard playground. Odd Job would like to build you an outdoor kingdom that you can enjoy for many summers to come.
Your home exteriors are one of the most important and rewarding parts of their home. Even if you’re not planning to sell your property, they should be in gorgeous condition for you, your family and everyone who visits or passes by.
Call (416) 520-1161 or book our team online today!
General Repairs – Service List
Odd Job is the premier handyman service in Toronto, and we offer all general repair services.
We will send professional contractors – fully licensed, bonded, and insured – to address all repair and maintenance issues in your home or office. No job is too small.
We specialize in the miscellaneous repairs that your “to-do” list. We’d like to remove stress from the lives of homeowners, landlords, business owners, real estate agents, tenants and homeowners everywhere.
Our general repair services include, but are by no means limited to:
- Cabinetry – Drawers, Doors, Hardware.
- Carpentry (Rough & Finish) – Baseboards, crown moulding, trim, etc.
- Decks & Fences – Deckboards, fence posts, spindles, railings, etc.
- Drywall – Patches & skim coats for walls, ceilings, stairwells, plaster.
- Doors (Interior & Exterior) – Frames, hinges, locks, handles, hardware.
- Furniture – Reassembly, hardware, etc.
- Tiling – Ceramic, porcelain, mosaic sheet tiles for walls & floors.
- Bathrooms & Kitchens – Drains, shower heads, fixtures, etc.
Our two-year warranty covers all general repairs. Give us a call at (416) 520-1161 or book us today!